I can remember when I went off to college and adopted some poor lifestyle choices.
I got married and started a family and in no time had 3 daughters under the age of 19 months.
I still remember thinking that my new and improved ways of doing things were keeping my family safe, even though I was bringing chemicals into our home.
Everything changed one afternoon when I decided to clean my kitchen floors with bleach.
I was told time and time again that this was the only way to disinfect my floors, and I had 2 crawling babies at the time...so of course I wanted them super clean.
While I was mopping the floors I heard a sound. It happened so fast...In a blink of an eye one of my crawling babies made her way over to the bucket of bleach.
She had one hand in the bucket and the other hand in her mouth.
I gasped. Did she drink the bleach? I quickly contacted poison control. After several agonizing hours everything turned out ok, but this could have turned out so tragically.
At that moment EVERYTHING changed! I remember thinking...
THIS is why the Amish live naturally, THIS is why my mom continued to live naturally throughout my childhood, THIS is why my grandma used the same natural solutions for over 50 years...